Thursday, April 19, 2012

63 Fish Shy of the 2008 Record....

We've had two great days since our massive count of 4/17/12.  The counts have dropped off a bit since that amazing day, but still are very impressive totals.   4/18 had a total of 695 fish, and today, 4/19, is complete with 426 fish observed. 

Some of the counters this morning sounded disappointed with their counts -

"Fish counted: 3 (three!)"
"I counted only 11 fish in my time slot"

Before you think these counts are disappointing, think about the counts last year.... I counted seven times and counted a total of 2 (two!) fish.  I think my counts were as good or better than average for the 53 TOTAL fish observed over 20 days last year.

The Current Run and year to year comparison page is up to date, and shows we are only 63 fish shy of breaking the 2008 cumulative total.  At the rate the fish are pouring in, we should break the record by mid-day on Friday, 4/20! 

Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment